Mother's Day, Bah Humbug!

"It’s one of my favorite days of the year, and one of the most important ones too.


I just want to say to all of you that being a mother is the most amazing thing I know. It’s rewarding in so many ways. In case you didn’t hear it enough this year… I know the commitment; the love that we give endlessly and the million things that we do that may never be recognized. BUT our children are better for it, and every once in a while when they do say thank you, I hope it goes a long way. To all of you that have chosen to take on one of the most important roles in the world, Happy Mother’s Day. I hope you enjoy your day to the fullest and that it is filled with love and tenderness. "-Brooke Burke

Another non holiday.  I have been brainwashed lie the masses to believe that Mother's Day is supposd to be exciting and more special than any other day. I had a reality check tody that will last forever.  I will no longer expect from others.  I will treat myself special and do what I want as long as it does not interrupt my family's daily schedule, of course, a mother's work is never done. 

I got up this Mother's day morning with all kinds of fantasies running through my head.  Maybe cards, gifts, flowers, breakfast in bed, lunch or inner plans.  Well I went to take a shower and could not.  Well the shower was fully functional, if I cleaned the tub.  I decided to pass on the immediate shower, maybe Merry Maids were comin today as a surprise so I can finally use my new kitchen and enjoy my bathroom.

My husband says I don't talk sometimes.  The reality is he probably doesn't want to hear what I have to say. My mother always said if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything. So I don't. I started to tell him how I was feeling last week and I got screamed on about comparing myself to Harry's wife (which I did not, but couldn't get my words out fast enough then, too tired to debate).

I met him at work and was speeches by Harri about how I should be like his wife, so understanding and supportive, because of course I have not been.  The ironies of life. I didn't get to call anyone for mother's day this year, not even Aunt lovie who expects us every Sunday.  Next Sunday the boys and I will resume our weekly dinner date. I am sure I would have had a good meal.  it's worth $11 + gas.

I have a wonderfully attentive husband with an enormous deadline that will change the course of life as we now know it.  I am pregnant and moody but who cares, it's not all about me.  Ask and you shall receive. I have had the worse day of my life.  Nothing was right but maybe it's me.  I am no longer brainwashed. I asked for a Carvel ice cream cake.  I got a bigger cake than expected and Orange cupcakes too. Surprise, surprise. zzzzzzzzzzzzi I even got a plastic takeout container to eat it from, oh and a real spoon, no plastic there.  I think I am going to go makea turkey sandwich since we now have bread (He was hiding that for me).  The boys are asleep. No kisses for mommy but at least daddy got to say goodnight.

Mother's Day Menu:
Cereal
1/2 Taco Salad
Ice Cream Cake
Orange Cupcake
Turkey Sandwich
No beverages today, maybe there's a drought.   I must get some water I will probably be dehydrated fom the loss of fluids today.

Thanks for reading,
Happy Everyday to EVERYONE
Darleen