First Lady Michelle Obama's First State Dinner and History Lesson

Last night when I came home from work to sit down for dinner with my wonderful husband, I sat on the couch with my laptop and turned it on.  As it loaded up I saw pictures of our First Lady and President Obama.  She was looking as stylish as ever and I stopped to look at over 100 pictures from the illustrious State Dinner that was held. 


The pictures were beautiful and reminded me of the beautiful night out Gregg and I were able to enjoy last week at the private screening of "Across The Hall", a film that Gregg actually holds near to his heart, not only because of his claw foot tub.  It was a wonderful night at Cipriani's wall street location.

Anywho, the thing about the State Dinner that really caught my eye, aside from the beautiful dress and body on the First Lady, was that just hours before hundreds of guests arrive for the dinner honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur; Mrs. Obama was giving a history lesson--in the State Dining Room.
She invited the twenty high school students who are part of the new White House girls' mentoring and leadership program for an afternoon event where she explained some of the intricacies of hosting important foreign visitors. They learned all about the lace settings, entertainment, the behind the scenes and proper protocol as well as White House history.

Gregg just informed me of his Hazel family reunion update planned for July 2010 in Washington, D.C. .
There is talk of getting a family tour but we must book months in advance and give all kinds of information so they can do a thorough background search.  Sounds like it might be fun.  It's no State Dinner but hey maybe we'll be on the guest list next time.